- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup of dates cut into small pieces
- Chop the almonds in the food processor until fairly fine.
- Add the dates and process until sticky dough forms.
- Add a little water if needed. Test for stickiness by pinching the “dough” between thumb and forefinger.
- Press into 9” round cake pan or square bar pan. Use your knuckles or a fork. I use a wall paper seam roller to finish off smoothing and pressing the nut crust into the pan. It works super well!!
- 5 Organic gala apples, cored , leave peel on.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped unsulphured dried ginger*
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chop apples in small pieces in food processor or by hand.
- Add ginger and blend by hand.**
- Place contents into pie crust.
- Decorate with slivered almonds and more ginger slices.
- Place in the dehydrator for 2 hours or just before serving.
*Soak ginger slices in water for a few minutes and rinse off all that sugar.
** Squeeze out excess juice or add 2 tbsp of psyllium powder.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup cashews soaked for two hours in fresh orange juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- You can add a little agave nectar if you need more sweetness.
- Amount of nuts needed in a recipe is always measured before soaking