- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup soy milk or distilled water
- 1 or 2 cl. Garlic
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup good quality vegetable oil or olive oil
- herbs and spices (your own favorites)
- a few drops of stevia.
- Put first 4 ingredients in blender.
- Process on high for a minute.
- Drizzle oil into the running blender until the mixture emulsifies.
- Add juice of lemon and apple cider vinegar.
- Add fresh herbs and spices. I often add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Notes: I like basil, dill, poppy seeds, cilantro and sometimes I throw in a whole avocado. You can also experiment with flavored vinegars. For added protein you may add 1/2 a block of silken tofu or an avocado for healthy oil and fiber. I have used this as dressing for caesar salads, and brushed salmon steaks with the almonaise. This is especially good when you’ve used fresh dill.